Join the team!
Wanted: Civil Engineer
We are looking for a Civil Engineer with experience in municipal engineering to join our company on Vancouver Island. The role involves working with team members on a wide variety of municipal infrastructure projects in our local service area. We are looking for motivated and insightful people seeking new challenges on interesting and fulfilling projects, and who enjoy working in a progressive and collaborative environment with like-minded people. The position would be suitable for either an Engineer-in-Training with a few years of experience or a candidate that has recently become a professional Engineer.
• Coordinating with team members to review project parameters and establish priorities,
• Preparing feasibility studies and developing conceptual designs,
• Designing municipal infrastructure including water supply and distribution, storm and wastewater sewer systems, and streetscape improvements,
• Undertaking computer modelling of proposed infrastructure systems,
• Coordinating approval and permit applications,
• Preparing cost estimates, technical specifications, and construction documents,
• Providing contract administration and site inspection services during the construction phase.
• Degree in Civil Engineering, with 3 to 5 years of progressive project experience,
• Registered, or eligible for registration, with EGBC,
• Software proficiency with programs such as Water Gems, Infowater, Civil 3D and XP-SWMM would be an asset.
What We Offer:
• Opportunity to gain considerable experience on large, complex, and challenging design and construction assignments,
• Ability to utilize new technology as you advance your career,
• Access to seasoned and well-respected professionals willing to guide and mentor younger staff,
• A friendly and welcoming employee-owned office atmosphere,
• Recognition of effort with regular performance bonuses,
• Ownership opportunities for the right candidates,
• Attractive renumeration packages, with great benefits, including extended health, dental, short, and long-term disability, and company RRSP contributions.
For 35 years, Koers & Associates Ltd. has been providing consulting engineering services on a variety of civil infrastructure projects on Vancouver Island. We are a local, well-established firm with deep ties to the region and with a strong presence in the municipal infrastructure renewal and development community. Our company is employee-owned, consisting of highly experienced and professional people that have built strong connections with clients and local communities. We encourage ongoing professional development opportunities for all staff and support flexible working at home options.
Parksville is located 20 minutes north of Nanaimo on the east coast of sunny Vancouver Island where residents enjoy a pleasant climate all year round. The area is best known for its sandy beaches, world class hiking and biking trails, and popular events, such as the Beach Festival, Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition, and weekly Farmer’s Markets. The Oceanside area provides a high-quality of life with many recreational opportunities for all residents and has a variety of housing options to choose from that can be considered more affordable than those found in the larger metropolitan areas.
If you are interested in a chance to work year round in a pleasant environment in the central Vancouver Island area with highly experienced people on exciting and rewarding projects, then please submit your resume and a brief cover note by email to [email protected], by February 18th, 2022.